[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
[mhc:02061] Getting alarmed using Cron
- To: mhc@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
- Subject: [mhc:02061] Getting alarmed using Cron
- From: "Felix E. Klee" <felix.klee@xxxxxxx>
- Date: Mon, 21 Mar 2005 18:38:07 +0100
- Reply-to: mhc@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
- User-agent: Wanderlust/2.12.2 (99 Luftballons) SEMI/1.14.6 (Maruoka) FLIM/1.14.7 (Sanjō) APEL/10.6 Emacs/21.3 (i486-slackware-linux-gnu) MULE/5.0 (SAKAKI)
I'd like to be notified about upcoming events that I set in the MHC
calendara and for which I turned on alarm. This could most likely be
realized by a cron job that checks the schedule from time to time and
fires up an xmessage window for purposes of notification. But I'm open
to any solution: Usage of cron is not a requirement.
How could I realize such a setup? What procedure are you using to get
notified about events?
Felix E. Klee